Re: (ET) Charging Thru Accessory Plug, Replacing Reverse Relay, Steering

On 5/26/2012 12:13 PM, john rieffel wrote:
Except: I typically charge my tractors with a Soneil charger via the
accessory plug, however when I plugged the charger into Tractor B and
turned it on the Fuel Gauge Needle didn't move up into the while
"charge" zone as it usually did.  Instead, for the time being, I'm
using the built-in charger.  Now, when charging, the Fuel Gauge Needle
is slightly higher in the green zone (i.e. something is happening) -
is this standard behavior?  Will it gradually move toward CHRG as the
batteries get charged? It's been awhile since I've used the built-in
charger.  How do I debug the accessory plug issue -- is there a fuse
somewhere between the plug and the batteries?

My accessory plugs are a bit of a basket case after 20-30 years here. I've found that the resistance on that plug can cause problems when trying to charge with it. Might want to get a new socket.

Chris