From: Chris Zach [mailto:cz alembic crystel com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 21, 2012 4:07 PM
To: elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu
Subject: Re: (ET) ET) Best site for showing ET pictures & inviting
comment

On 2/21/2012 2:54 PM, Garry F Freese wrote:
> Now please let us move on to another topic like how to get these great

> tractors ready for spring.

Spring? My tractors are working already; I still have the snowblower on
the E-20 with the extra 30 BB600's in the weight box, waiting for a snow
that is not going to come. But as soon as I remove the blower....

The little junker E-15 is slowly becoming a not-junker. I'm going to put
the new seat on this weekend, this past weekend I spent a day solid
working with water, a tap, and a lot of patience to clean the crud out
of the 30 BB600 cells that I was planning on putting into it. Finally
got everything hooked up and it runs *well*. Oddly enough it hasn't
fried a relay contact either since I moved that pad 7 wire closer to the
motor. One set of BB600 NiCD batteries isn't much for range, but it does
work, and I could probably stick the weight box on the back. Then again
maybe it would break the tractor in two. But I do have a welder....

Which is good. It will never have the rear-end strength to mount the
tiller, but I can use the E20 for that. What it can do is pull the cart,
spreader, and run accessories like the drill and clippers. I'll leave
the mower deck off it for now.

I keep waiting for my craftsman tractor gas engine to finally blow up so
I can put my E12 motor on it and make it electric. Doesn't seem to want
to happen.

Now, something I am finding I might need: A blade. Reason is as I work
in the back I want to move some dirt around to level things. How is the
Elec-trak in terms of pushing earth? Worth getting a blade? Anyone have
one?

Chris