Re: (ET) More on mower cutting height

Bill,

1) You mention 5" caster wheels. The standard wheels are 6" in diameter:
http://electrictractorstore.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=91

2) Parts have been swapped around a lot over the past 40 years. Did someone by chance put mid-mount type motors in your front-mount deck? The mid-mount mowers hang about 1/2" lower below the deck shell. The front-mount motors have the breaker on top of the motor, with a fairly deep cap to cover them. The mid-mount motors have the breaker on the side with a semi-rectangular cover plus a much more shallow cap on top of the motor.

3) Is the deck shell bent? Side discharge units, or rear discharge units missing the side cover, are especially prone to this. Bascially the middle sags down over time and/or after being stood on.

Bill Alburty wrote:
Thanks for your responses on this subject. My E-12 deck label says M/N 26AA42KA, S/N FR15877. Maybe this info will tell someone why my deck at full height adjustment has a cutting height of only 2 1/2 inches unlike everyone else. I have 5-inch front casters with 5 half-inch spacers, and 2 1/2 inch diameter rollers with 6 pin hole adjustments. Maybe my motors stick down lower into the deck. Thats the only difference there could be. I measure the blades to be 4 inches below the deck. Does that compare with everybody else?trak

--
Jim Coate
*The Electric Tractor Store*

NOTE: Mail sent to the "NO_REPLY" address will *not* reach me.
To send me a private message, please follow the directions here:
http://www.coate.org/contact_jim/