(ET) More on mower cutting height

Thanks for your responses on this subject. My E-12 deck label says M/N 26AA42KA, S/N FR15877. Maybe this info will tell someone why my deck at full height adjustment has a cutting height of only 2 1/2 inches unlike everyone else. I have 5-inch front casters with 5 half-inch spacers, and 2 1/2 inch diameter rollers with 6 pin hole adjustments. Maybe my motors stick down lower into the deck. Thats the only difference there could be. I measure the blades to be 4 inches below the deck. Does that compare with everybody else?
As for suggested modifications: Dave Brandt's welded-on threaded rods give a lot of height range, but casters in back instead of rollers allow scalping. The casters would make for easier steering though, as rollers don't roll sideways in a turn.

I'm still hoping for answers.
Bill Alburty E-12 Kansas