Re: (ET) Publications request

Well let's see:

I did have a spindle gall once in the front axle bracket. Tractor couldn't steer, and I could not get it out. Using a hammer only mushroomed the top, and I couldn't collapse it by drilling. Likewise heat didn't work.

New axle and spindles and everything's been fine since. I make sure to grease-gun all the zekes, including the ones on the front axles and wheels. No problems.

I do have the snowblower and lift it a lot while working/drive with it, etc. It's really not a problem if I have about 150 pounds of weight in the back of the tractor; I've thought at times that what I really should do is put the tiller on the back to offset the load. Plus I could drop it to drive on ice.

Maybe that would help; get a weight box and put in a few hundred pounds of lead or something. That would take more of the weight off the front wheels.