Re: (ET) speeds 5,6,7,8

Mike:

Many thanks for posting a SOLUTION!  Too often folks who ask for and get advice never post the ultimate solution to the problem.  It's hard for the rest of us to learn if we don't find out how the "last chapter" of the latest ET mystery ends.  I, for one, very much appreciate your closing the loop by posting your findings.

Pieter

From: elec-trak-bounces cosmos phy tufts edu [mailto:elec-trak-bounces cosmos phy tufts edu] On Behalf Of Mike Finck
Sent: Tuesday, November 16, 2010 12:37 PM
To: elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu
Subject: (ET) speeds 5,6,7,8

I had posted  a month or so ago that I did not have speeds 5,6,7,8, and asked for advice. I  tried all suggestions but eventually got it straightened out.  First I found a very poor (burned up) ring terminal at wire 55 at R2.  Ran new wire 55 back to coil 2A, that didn’t do it, darn.  Then as I was pacing the foot speed pedal while in neutral it occurred to me that although I could hear when coil 2A energized the motor speed did not change and as I kept pushing I could then hear coil 3A and then more motor speed.  More testing and finally a replacement of 2A returned speeds 5,6,7 and 8!

Michael H. Finck