Re: (ET) testing charger

On 11/16/2010 12:42 PM, Mike Finck wrote:
I have been testing my E-20 on-board charger, one of the instructions
for testing says voltage between wires #2 and #30 should be “about 45
volts.” I am getting 39, does that fall into the category of “about”?!
The other two suggested test points are right on the required voltage.

Sounds low. My E20's charger will finish out at 45.2 volts at about .2 to .3 amps into the pack. 39 would leave your pack undercharged.

My guess is the capacitor is bad; that helps to boost the final voltage, makes the power factor better (if I recall) and helps the transformer limit current when fully charged. Replacements are simple and cheap, just check with Harold.