Re: (ET) Sickle Bar Mower Mystery

Is there a part number on the main sickle bar itself? My bar is 7/16" thick made from 1piece of steel. Yours looks like a single piece as well. The bar in the manual is made of 2 thin plates sandwiched together which makes it cheaper. The holes can be stamped vs what I'll bet are drilled on ours. I'm thinking that ours may be older than '74. My fingers are singles 3" centers vs the doubles you have on.

I'm thinking that the total bar thickness of the 2 thin ones is less than 7/16. A previous owner, needed fingers, saw the same parts list, and replaced the single fingers that were on it with the doubles shown on the parts list. The problem is that the parts list is not for the bar we have. Maybe someone has a double bar SBM that could measure its overall thickness to confirm my theory.

Good Luck
Dean