Re: (ET) Nineteen inch blades?

David,

Just got my E-T armatures back from being straightened--$20 each. Happy to help if you want to send your YM armature here.

Thon

David Roden wrote:

Thanks for the ideas, folks. It sounds like a standard tall deck motor might not have enough oomph to swing the larger blade, and of course those are the only spares that I have here. (Wouldn't you know, I mostly prefer the smaller and more nimble R-36 for mowing, but have no spares for those motors.)

I hadn't given any thought to trying to have the Yard Machines' motor armature straightened and removing the sheared off bolt. Last time I took a small motor to a motor shop - probably 20 years ago - they wouldn't touch it. They said replacement was usually cheaper. But I could certainly call round again. At over $300, replacement is out of the question. It would be great to find a donor parts machine, but these MTD / Yard Machines e-mowers are much less common than the Black and Decker e-mowers.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = Note: mail sent to the "etpost" address will not reach me. To send me a private message, please use the address shown at the bottom