Re: (ET) Inverters

 Chris,
 The original breaker for that was an 8A. I would hesitate to up the
rating. 8A breakers are available at a reasonable price that mount
differently than the original but work fine.
 The DC side is permanent magnet. (as is the AC side)
 Sincerely,
 Harold Z.
Kleinbrahm, Robert wrote:
> The original inverter for the elec-trak was called a rotary inverter and
> was made by a company called Redi-line.  I purchased one of these on
> ebay a few years back and have used it in many different situations.  I
> have the Redi-line 1600W 14.5 Amp model and I can run my electric
> chainsaw and other things from in just fine.  See the Elec-trak.com site
> for pix of how I used this inverter to power my cabin during power
> outages.  Mix n Match pix page.

Hm. I think my inverter has a 7 amp Klixon on the AC side; that is what
appears to "blow". Maybe it's bad. However does anyone know if the
Elec-trak one (mine is red) can be run at 10 amps? I might put a 10a
breaker in it if so.

It seems to try to keep a certain speed, I wonder if the DC side of it  is
a shunt motor (which would do it's best to keep the same RPM) or not.
Anyone know?

Thanks!
Chris