Re: (ET) Inverters

Kleinbrahm, Robert wrote:
The original inverter for the elec-trak was called a rotary inverter and
was made by a company called Redi-line.  I purchased one of these on
ebay a few years back and have used it in many different situations.  I
have the Redi-line 1600W 14.5 Amp model and I can run my electric
chainsaw and other things from in just fine.  See the Elec-trak.com site
for pix of how I used this inverter to power my cabin during power
outages.  Mix n Match pix page.

Hm. I think my inverter has a 7 amp Klixon on the AC side; that is what appears to "blow". Maybe it's bad. However does anyone know if the Elec-trak one (mine is red) can be run at 10 amps? I might put a 10a breaker in it if so.

It seems to try to keep a certain speed, I wonder if the DC side of it is a shunt motor (which would do it's best to keep the same RPM) or not. Anyone know?

Thanks!
Chris