Re: (ET) Finding Vicor DC-DC's and seat care

      The edge connector on Card 4 splitting lengthwise is also great for causing that.Another fascinating failure mode is the sudden appearance of 8 motor speeds in Reverse. :)

     One time is all it will take to break you of the habit of absentmindedly mashing the throttle when backing up, expecting just 4 speeds. <G>

    That's why I put two Molex® connectors attached with flying leads on Card 4.My son hasn't quite got the hang of driving backwards that fast yet.

RJ

Christopher Zach wrote:
harry landis wrote:
Try ebay for DC-DC converters.
It's been my experience that pretty much all 48V nominal input converters with a specified input range of 36-72V work fine all the way down to 28V or so.

Thanks, I'll give that a shot.

This weekend I think I'll also pull the relay board and take a look at the relays. For some reason speeds 5,6,7,8 aren't coming in (speeds 1,2,3 and 4 are ok as is cruise control). Normally that's because the stupid shunt is loose in the body, which is causing card 4 to lock out the high speeds. I wonder about that shunt; it seems to get hot pretty easily.

And while in there I'll swap out the MOV on Card 1.

Chris