Re: (ET) Finding Vicor DC-DC's and seat care

RJ Kanary wrote:
The edge connector on Card 4 splitting lengthwise is also great for causing that.Another fascinating failure mode is the sudden appearance of 8 motor speeds in Reverse. :)

That's funny. Add to that the fact that reverse is already field-weakened due to the compensation coils in the motor and wow it would *fly*, would it not?

I think the edge connector is ok; that is the one thing I am so careful about. But I'll start with the shunt; I might not have speed 8 because of the throttle pedal travel being a bit shorter (I put a real door hinge in place of the metal tab joke that was on there before) but I should have 7-5 in there.

Chris