Re: (ET) Leaking E20

RJ Kanary wrote:
Yes the caliper and the rotor must slide freely for effective long lasting brake performance.The rotor hub is aluminum, so alternating applications of propane torch heat and the penetrant of your choice will resolve that issue.

Of course after doing that, another shaft seal will be in order. :)

I'll give that a shot this weekend, would it be safe to tap on the hub with a hammer/socket or will that break something inside the transmission?

Removing the transmission would be a 14 carat pain because I also have the tiller bar on there. So I have to remove all of those dippy tiller brackets as well. Bleah... :-)

Of course I don't need the tiller till spring. Right now the #1 tool is the mower itself. In a month it's going to be the snow-blower. Then in the spring it's the tiller. That poor thing never gets a rest...

And while I have the wheels off I could probably take them to Helwig's and have the tires cut off and new (I have the original rear tires) ones put on. Those things are hard as *rocks* and probably a good part of the reason my soil gets compacted.

Chris