Re: (ET) Chargers (and winch)

On 11 Aug 2009 at 14:36, David Brandt wrote:

> With the modular chargers I am familiar with, they can be left plugged
> in,
> which with an ET would probably mean for a week or so.

Careful!  No lead battery should be left on charge all the time.

If the charger shuts off COMPLETELY when it's done, then yes, you can
leave
it plugged in. Most don't really shut off, however, the go to low rate or
float charging.

For an application where the device is used regularly (even monthly),
float
chargers and battery maintainers do more harm than good.  Safest policy
for
long battery life : when the charge is finished, pull the plug.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA