Re: (ET) Elec Reliability Poll

It took me a while to first get mine working (turned out to be a blown capacitor in the time delay circuit, which allowed instant reversing, thus welding the reversing relay shut), but that was mostly because I chose to strip it down to the frame to repair rust and repaint it, to make it beautiful. After that, it's been very reliable. In the summer, I probably spend an average of 2 hours a week mowing with it - but may spend a total of 1 hour over the course of the summer on maintenance/repairs (most of which is because I lost a cotter pin a while ago, and had been using various thin pieces of metal in its place until I bought a new one - and those thin pieces of metal kept snapping. Other than that, virtually no repairing needed for 4 years or so).

Mike

Michael S. Briggs, PhD
UNH Physics Department
(603) 862-2828