Re: (ET) Elec Reliability Poll

Since these things are so old and many have been sitting awhile before being 'found', there is a lot of variation. Also it depends on the model. My first ET was an E12S that had been sitting out in the weather for a long time. But the E12S is pretty simple and I had very little to do to get it operational: free up the brake pedal, new batteries, clean a few contacts. I later bought an E20 later that looked real nice, but had a lot of corroded connector contacts and other issues that still aren't sorted out. But it looked fine. I think if you take the time to get things sorted out in the beginning you will have little to worry about. Less than an ICE mower.

- steves

john rieffel wrote:
Hi Folks,

I'm very close to taking the plunge on an electrak (my free loaner gas
mower died).   I wanted to know a bit more about what kind of mess I'm
getting into...

This is a pretty open-ended question, but I'd love to take a poll on
your ratio of your time spent using your elec-traks vs time spent
fixing them.    How long does the average fix take?  How much does the
average fix cost?

Thanks,
jr