Re: (ET) New tires for steering

Pieter Litchfield wrote:
In the past there have been several posts relating to skipping or very sloppy sector gears. I recall there being discussion about using an electrical box snap out plug to make a spacer that helped eliminate the steering slop. This is, apparently, a chronic fault with ETs juding from the frequency with which it surfaces.
Looking in my mail file, I found this from Chris Zach in 2005:

Pretty much. I haven't done anything since 2005 and it steers rather well. The only time I have sector skip is when I'm trying to turn the wheels with the snowblower on and lifted up while not moving. That's a *LOT* of weight on the front of the tractor.

Aside from that it's fine.

CZ