And my steering is now perfect. No skips, no play, no problem. I highly recommend new washers, and pick up a spare shaft while you're at it. They may come in handy someday. "

Don't run over any Easter Bunnies with the mower!

Pieter

On 10/1/2005 11:14 PM, Elie, Larry (L.D.) wrote:
content-class: urn:content-classes:message Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----_=_NextPart_001_01C5C6FF.679112DA" You are right; the steering is weak with weight on the front. Try to counter it on the back.
Larry Elie

    -----Original Message-----
    *From:* elec-trak-bounces cosmos phy tufts edu on behalf of Chris
    Zach
    *Sent:* Sat 10/1/2005 8:42 PM
    *To:* Elec-trak list
    *Cc:*
    *Subject:* (ET) New tires for steering

    I've noticed that my Elec-trak E20 *stinks* in terms of steering.
    Put a
    load on the end of the front lift and the sector gear skips, but
    more to
    the point it is almost impossible to steer . Likewise the rear tires
    don't have much grab to speak of.

    Is this possibly because I have old tires? Maybe they are stiff and
    crummy. Would new tires make steering with loads easier, or is
    this just
    Elec-trak life?

    Chris