(ET) Trans issues...

Title: (ET) New tires for steering

Here I am, running across the yard in the E12, minding my own business and a loud SNAP.  Then I coast to a stop.  The most is running.  The belt is in place.  After towing it to the house, I jack it up and notice the differential no longer is differential...  Then I see it; TWO bolts on the left side of the transmission are missing, and the other two are gone.  I've noticed these loose before.  I jack it up and tighen.  Nothing.

So, I get the spare E15, pull the whole back axle.  The pullies are the same diameter (E15 is double, but the diameter is the same) so I switch.  While I am muscling the E12 trans, it becomes a trans again.  I try a few times and it stops being a trans, so I just switch.  Suggestions on where to look would be appreciated.

BTW; I know the peerless trans is used on other stuff, does anyone know the FULL shift pattern?  That's right, I counted at LEAST 6 (not 4) places that the transmission engaged and only the two neurals; two in a row of 4 are locked out by the frame.  If the gearing was interesting (and not just a reverse) I might use a Sawsall and open the hole a bit to add the extra speeds.  Reverse might be interesting too (if I don't burn a controller as that would be reverse to go forward and the controller wouldn't like that), but a faster high would be real fun.  I almost remember a thread about this somewhere, and that the E15 has an extra electric speed locked out by the dash cuttout as well.  I'm getting old.  Maybe I just THINK I remember that thread.  Anyway, I'm running again.

Larry Elie