Re: (ET) chargers - 8V

On Mon, Jul 7, 2008 at 9:46 AM, Matthew callahan <callahanrc hotmail com> wrote:
Hi All,

I have a bunch of 8V Trojans that I am planning to use for my EV.  I recalled that some of you have souped up your ETs with those batteries instead of the 6V ones, to make the pack a 48V pack.

The ones I have are old, and were bought at scrap value mainly, to use as mockups for the battery packs.  However, they will hold a charge and can be used for initial power up testing before buying a brand new pack.

However, i can't seem to be able to find a 8V charger that can equalize the charge in each battery individually, and would rather do that than charge three at a time at 24V or six at 48V.

Any recommendations for large lead-acid 8V chargers, and sources where i can purchase one?

Cheers

Matt

It's a talkathon – but it's not just talk. Check out the i'm Talkathon.