Re: (ET) chargers - 8V

           Here's a "Try At Your Own Risk" idea. Install a larger value capacitor in a  GE charger. It of course will result in outside of intended range operation, but with some careful monitoring and a bit of trial and error you just might pull it off.You just might find a Lister that has replaced the GE charger with a late 20th Century upgrade. A donation to science and the greater good and all that. :)

RJ

Matthew callahan wrote:
Hi All,

I have a bunch of 8V Trojans that I am planning to use for my EV.  I recalled that some of you have souped up your ETs with those batteries instead of the 6V ones, to make the pack a 48V pack.

The ones I have are old, and were bought at scrap value mainly, to use as mockups for the battery packs.  However, they will hold a charge and can be used for initial power up testing before buying a brand new pack.

However, i can't seem to be able to find a 8V charger that can equalize the charge in each battery individually, and would rather do that than charge three at a time at 24V or six at 48V.

Any recommendations for large lead-acid 8V chargers, and sources where i can purchase one?

Cheers

Matt

It’s a talkathon – but it’s not just talk. Check out the i’m Talkathon.