-----Original Message-----
From: elec-trak-bounces cosmos phy tufts edu [mailto:elec-trak-bounces
cosmos phy tufts edu] On Behalf Of RJ Kanary
Sent: Monday, July 07, 2008 10:06 AM
To: Matthew callahan
Cc: elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu
Subject: Re: (ET) chargers - 8V

           Here's a "Try At Your Own Risk" idea. Install a larger value
capacitor in a  GE charger. It of course will result in outside of
intended range operation, but with some careful monitoring and a bit of
trial and error you just might pull it off.You just might find a Lister
that has replaced the GE charger with a late 20th Century upgrade. A
donation to science and the greater good and all that. :)

RJ

Matthew callahan wrote:

        Hi All,

        I have a bunch of 8V Trojans that I am planning to use for my EV.
I recalled that some of you have souped up your ETs with those batteries
instead of the 6V ones, to make the pack a 48V pack.

        The ones I have are old, and were bought at scrap value mainly, to
use as mockups for the battery packs.  However, they will hold a charge
and can be used for initial power up testing before buying a brand new
pack.

        However, i can't seem to be able to find a 8V charger that can
equalize the charge in each battery individually, and would rather do that
than charge three at a time at 24V or six at 48V.

        Any recommendations for large lead-acid 8V chargers, and sources
where i can purchase one?

        Cheers

        Matt

        It's a talkathon - but it's not just talk. Check out the i'm
Talkathon. <http://www.imtalkathon.com/?source=EML_WLH_Talkathon_JustTalk>