Re: (ET) More Power Inverters

I don't think anyone was trying to come down on you Mike.

It is reasonable to point out the potential liabilities of a non-code installation. What happens if, for some unrelated reason, an electrical fire burns your house down. The insurance company comes out, sees the install, and asks for proof of an electrical inspection. I don't know the law, but I could see your claim possibly being denied. Jeez, look what they did to the poor Katrina victims (was it water or wind damage first?).

I imagine most of us are experimenters and do-it-yourselfers. I don't mind if someone points out a potential problem in something I'm doing. But it's up to me to take the advice or leave it.

In the end, though a bit off topic, it's been an enlightening discussion.

- SteveS

Mike Wallace wrote:
Chill out guys, you're gettin' way too bent outta shape here.