(ET) More Power Inverters

I was probably nearly correct about the amps pulled by my furnace blower ( I said it was 11). I had estimated 11, allowing for a big surge. So I measured it. The start up surge went to 8.4 on my galvo type meter ( but the actual peak, if displayed on a scope, could be twice that for a very short time). Suppressing that surge may be the key to making an inverter do the job without kicking circuit breakers. The run current measured only 4.7 amps, indicating that 115 X 4.7 = 540 VA would handle the running current. A 1kw inverter is therefore probably enough to run a furnace, refrigerator, a TV, and a few lights (for running current only). Would a big capacitor handle that pesky surge? Whats bothering me now is Russ's getting only 6-9 hours out of the 36 volt pack. I was hoping for for much longer.

Bill Alburty
E-12