Re: (ET) E15 Alltrax died

At 06:34 PM 12/3/2007 -0500, Tom G wrote:
Correct me if I am wrong but going by memory.
#1 the blower is a series motor not PM.

If that's the case braking effectively won't be possible with a simple shorting contactor.

#2 Is it not hooked up via a contactor

It must be. I suppose you could just plug and unplug it but otherwise you need a contactor and/or a controller.

so I guess it is possible for a spike to develop from the contactor when shut off. I would check with Alltrax to verify proper hookup and weather a spike from that contactor is enough to cause a problem.

It will be. If not, they are the only controller manufacturer not to have an issue with suppression. It may, however, take many multiple hits before a problem is seen.

Robert

http://www.aeolusdevelopment.com/

From the Divided by a Common Language File (Edited to protect the guilty)
ME - "I'd like to get Price and delivery for connector Part # XXXXX"
Dist./Rep - "$X.XX Lead time 37 days"
ME - "Anything we can do about lead time?  37 days seems a bit high."
Dist./Rep - "that is the lead time given because our stock is live.... we currently have stock."