Re: (ET) How NOT to check your batteries... Battery Charge / Monitor / maintainer

Chris' solution still requires that we have an available human to look at
that
little bulb ...

I would like a controller I don't have to look at for a month - preferably
one
that could alert me.

I guess I could run long wires from Electrak shed into house, to see those
bulbs he mentioned.  It would take much less time than programming a
microcontroller - so his suggestion actually has a chance of being
implemented in my lifetime ... <grin>

I also would connect up opto-isolators instead of the bulbs (or maybe in
parallel) so that I would not have those long wires I mentioned interfere
with accuracy of the charging measurement.

John