Re: (ET) How NOT to check your batteries... Battery Charge / Monitor / maintainer

JBR wrote:
We need to find an 'inspired' Microcontroller Engineer (meaning EE & CS skills) who wants to design PIC (or similar) microcontroller into a charge controller with real time clock, alarm (piezo buzzer, etc), voltage readout, and maybe temperature and current monitoring. [adding more features adds some cost in hardware, and tedious software testing]

Or we could put a zener diode (try 6.2 volt, 5 watt for starters) on the table, attach it to a PR2 bulb with solder, and attach one end to b+ and one to B- on each battery.

B-   Diode  Bulb   B+

Really. Since we have big T105's we could attach two per battery.

B-   Bulb  Diode  B+

That's it.

Chris