Re: (ET) How NOT to check your batteries... Battery Charge / Monitor / maintainer

We need to find an 'inspired' Microcontroller Engineer (meaning EE & CS
skills) who wants to design PIC (or similar) microcontroller into a charge
controller with real time clock, alarm (piezo buzzer, etc), voltage
readout,
and maybe temperature and current monitoring.  [adding more features adds
some cost in hardware, and tedious software testing]

I know bits and pieces of this (strong enough in hardware part), but am
far
too weak in C or Assembly language programming to get it done in timely
manner.

Maybe we could form an 'Open Source' team to design this - similar to the
project for PWM motor controllers called OSMC (Open Source Motor
Controller).
In that case, a few guys collaborated on electrical hardware and software
design for a microprocessor controlled, Pulse Width Modulated DC motor
controller, for hobby Robotics competition.

If we had nothing else to do ... <grin>

John