Re: (ET) kill-a-watt

Geez you guys, I don't want to be rude, but I think several somebodys are
not paying attention:

There Is No Double Ended Line Cord Here.

Read what the esteemed Mr Zach says:
>Typical use of the OK4U was to put a plug on it and plug it into the
nearest
>wall.

I don't know, maybe it's just me, but this implies that in this usage the
OK4U has a normal single ended line cord hard-wired to it, and is plugged
into the wall just like any other appliance.  Certainly there's no point in
putting an outlet (i.e. socket, to receive a line plug) on a grid-tie
inverter, since the thing only functions when it is connected to the
working grid.  So one way to connect it (the preferred way) is to hard wire
it to a junction box with a dedicated breaker at your panel; another (i.e.
guerilla solar) way is to just plug it in, with a Kill-a-watt measuring the
flow.

Anyway, the only point that wasn't clear to me at the beginning was whether
the Kill-a-watt had to be modified because the voltage drop it was
experiencing was reversed.  And from the various explanations I think we
can infer that it does not.

Now my question is, why is the OK4U and its equivalent Trace MS100 no
longer available in the US?  Did the UL or utilities pressure it out of the
market?  Are there alternatives?

Joel