Re: (ET) kill-a-watt

It seems I created some confusion and before falling behind on my e-mails... fortunately everyone seems to have figured it out in my absence:

I was indeed using a grid-tie micro-inverter with the cord hard-wired onto it. It wasn't a permanent installation but great for demos. And no, the Kill-a-watt did not require any modification.

I got my OK4U via eBay a few years ago; I had hoped/assumed that micro-inverters were a developing market so I'm saddened to learn that that NEC regulations now make them less useful. Sigh.

And to be clear, I would never suggest using a double ended cord.

Christopher Zach wrote:
> My guess with a 24 volt system is an OK4U-100 which is a 100 watt UL
> listed micro-tie inverter.

et jpjt net wrote:
There Is No Double Ended Line Cord Here.

Now my question is, why is the OK4U and its equivalent Trace MS100 no
longer available in the US?  Did the UL or utilities pressure it out of the
market?  Are there alternatives?

--
Jim Coate
1970's Elec-Trak's