Re: (ET) kill-a-watt

> Now my question is, why is the OK4U and its equivalent Trace MS100 no
> longer available in the US?  Did the UL or utilities pressure
> it out of the
> market?  Are there alternatives?

Alternatives should be the SMA line of inverters. SMA is the market leader
in grid-tie solar power inverters AFAIK. I have a 5kw version. They all
have an automatic disconnect in case utility power is lost. They are
all hard wired like any larger appliance (e.g. like you water heater) so
no plugs. Another reason for hard wiring them is that you may want to have
a separate meter for the power produced.

e.g. you can get them from here
http://www.wholesalesolar.com/products.folder/inverter-folder/SB%202500.html

I also see some info here
http://www.grid-tie.com/gridtieInverters.html