Re: (ET) Battery Question

Many well qualified members on this digest have offered useful advice and I have tried to accept those things that would be helpful. The Landis controller was disconnected and the old GE charger was placed on a mechanical timer for 17 hours to equalize the set of 6 volt Crown CR-225 batteries. After apparently reaching the specified voltage for equalization, the charger was turned off. A few minutes ago the voltage of the pack had drifted down to 38.6 volts a level which would trigger the Landis controller if connected.  I will monitor the voltage daily and follow the procedure used over the years to maintain the batteries. A new GE timer may be needed in a few days.