Re: (ET) Wheelhorse and their last ET in 1983

Pricing new tractors in 1972 and found an E12s, was very taken with the
technology and was willing to pay more than I would for a comparable ICE.
was very disappointed when the tractor came with only a simple owner's
manual....no exploded parts diagrams, no explanation of the charging
system,
no wiring scheme.

I explained to GE that my newly bought $20 lawn sprinkler came with a parts
diagram and that every single ICE tractor on a dealers floor comes with
extensive manuals for engines and axles.  GE explained to me that they
thought  ' John Q Public' would not have the ability to repair the tractor,
that repairs should remain with the dealer.  In time, I was able to show GE
that my dealer, Knapp Mowers, was solely interested in selling
tractors....service was a word unknown to Knapp.  GE offered to sell a
repair manual at $50.  I went a little nuts and they finally sent about 25
pages from the manual.

GE, in my view, never made the distinction between marketing tractors and
refrigerators.  They did not see that selling a new concept against strong
competition almost always dictates that you must price lower to build a
following.
Jack