Re: (ET) E-15 Problem

I would look to everything in the primary battery power circuit.  Have
seen the same (intermittent power, voltmeter not reading sometimes and
dead tractor when main switch turned on) caused by a corroded battery
jumper - also by the main power switch itself being dirty at it's inner
contacts - also, the fusible link at the main power switch having
corrosion or looseness at it's terminals.  Also - look at the connection
(stud)(  inside the kick panel that the big cable from the main switch
goes to. It's on a big contactor.   Also, where the batt pack 'other
side' big cable comes up and goes to a contactor stud.   These get quite
rusty and could be your loss of all power too.
    Cicking contactors are likely the power coming on and going off by
itself with the bad connection.  It should click once when turned on with
the key on, seat switch satisfied and brake off when voltmeter comes up.
(relay RTN behind the dashboard on the plate)

Have you tried looking at the voltmeter while wiggling cables?

BE SURE tranny is in neutral preferably also with a back wheel off the
ground if you do this.  And don't wear a metal banded watch !   Nearly
lost a finger once long ago poking around in a high current low voltage
area wearing a wedding ring.  It got cherry red hot.  Scar almost gone
now 40 yrs later.

Dave
Weymouth MA