Re: (ET) Alltrax output!

On Oct 24, 2006, at 12:42 PM, Ralph & Elaine Vogan wrote:

I think I should explain. Steve told me I had the first Alltrax installed in an ET. I have never changed the program in my unit (didn't have a laptop with XP). The FW must have been turned on when I got the Alltrax. The E20 runs just as fast as the old G.E. setup. I can tell when the FW turns on about Half
throttle by a sudden increase in current on the load meter.

On my E20, the field weakening / "Turbo" is very noticeable especially in D1 and D2. It is evidenced by a dramatic burst of speed and behaves like a full-throttle-only "boost" or "on-off" switch. That is, you have your infinite linear throttle control, but then if you're on a relatively level (or downhill) surface at full throttle, the turbo can kick in and take the speed up but it's either on or off - there's no linearity / infinite control with the feature. As soon as you lift your foot even a little you go back to full "normal" throttle. Maybe it's sort of akin to hitting the nitrous button on a racecar...

Hope this makes sense....

Steve