Re: (ET) Alltrax output!

Saying that this indicates something wrong is like saying that a 400 watt Macintosh stereo amplifier is broken because it produces less volume at the halfway knob setting than a cheap Radio Shack compact system at the same knob setting. In both cases - volume control or throttle control - the steady-state output tells you nothing about whether the controller is able to produce its rated output.

Oh David, the standard Elec-trak system is not that bad. It's fine for what it is expected to do, and will probably far outlast an Altrax controller.

Well, expect for the E15; that was a bad design. But my E20 continues to happily roll along over here; another few years and I may flip the contactors.

Chris