Re: (ET) electric saws

Ever since we've been doing a lot of our heating with wood, it's put more
stress on the chainsaw.  I will also admit to sometimes being dilatory
about
sharpening the chain.

But I've opened up the Remingtons to work on them, and I'm not impressed
with the build quality or design.  They have plastic bearing supports and
nylon drive gear.  I'm sure they're fine for occasional trimming work - in
fact I
used the first one for years that way, and it never complained.  But
running
them for much of a Saturday afternoon every week or two is really pushing
their capability.

I've been able to chuck the gas cans since all our outdoor power equipment
is electric.  I'm trying to avoid buying a gas chain saw, so I need a
really
sturdy electric one.