Re: (ET) Pictures of my E15 set up for leaf collection

Phenomenal!!  I love it!  Thanks for the photos.
Darryl

sknaugler comcast net wrote:
Hi Folks,

A while back a few of you folks wanted me to take pictures of my E15 set
up for leaf collection.  I took some pictures today, and they can be seen
at:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/0903/steven1955/Elec-Trak%20Leaf%20Collector/

I warn you that my E15 is a working tractor, not a show piece.  And the
cart I used was pretty rusty before I converted it to leaf collection as
an experiment.  Well, the experiment has been working for about 10 years,
and now the cart is in serviceable but pretty bad shape from outside
storage.  I used 2 x 4s to frame a large box over the steel cart, and
wrapped them with scrap felt from where I work.  The top is a steel wire
mesh to keep the leaves in and let the air out.  But it holds about 2-2/3
cubic yards, and with the number of leafy trees I have, I need every bit
of that volume.  Even though the leaves are partially mulched by the deck,
I fill this cart 6 to 10 times every year depending on how the wind blows.

The blower was from a smaller GE supplied bagger, which I believe is the
same blower as GE used on their yard and/or parking lot vacs.  With the
blower in place I cannot access the rear batteries, so I check them for
electrolyte level before I install the blower, which stays in place for
the entire leaf collection season.  But when I charge the batteries I use
a small piece of wood to hold the rear seat open as much as I can to vent
any hydrogen gas.

Bill Gunn supplied the rear to side discharge baffle kit, and the adapter that replaces the side discharge chute with the side discharge hose adapter. The hose is 6 inch diameter vinyl, which may need replacement due to age because it is getting pretty inflexible.
The blower is powered via a rear electrical plug wired to the PTO relay, a
kit once supplied by Bill Gunn.

Hope this satisfies the curiosity of all those who wanted to see my leaf
collection set up.  Feelfree to ask questions.

Steve Naugler