Re: (ET) 12V batteries (Was mounting a rotarty invertor?)

You are correct if you are referring to standard 12vdc flooded automotive
batteries.  But I think some of these guys are using Gel Cells / SLA
(Sealed
Lead Acid) which are often well constructed (the 100 AH 12v battery
probably
costs about $100), and I think have pretty good discharge current ratings
(my
UPS pulls a HUGE amount of current out of the battery - most of its charge
-
in 10 or 20 minutes.