Re: (ET) 12V winch - PWM controller from scooter

If you can find a junked one of those kids scooters that runs on 36 volts,
you
might be able to pull the motor speed control module out of it, and use it
control the winch motor.  One I found with cracked frame had a good motor
and
controller in it.  Motor was only rated 400 watts, so controller is about
same.

Related to that, you might check Ebay, or otherwise online for Scooter
type
motor speed control only - I think I saw them for $20 or $30 a month ago.

IF they are not rated for enough current, the circuit might be easy to
modify,
by adding FET's in parallel.