Re: (ET) mounting a rotarty invertor?

Advice regarding 12V batteries in ET's.  Don't use em except for testing.
 Have had much exprience with them back when I couldn't get 6's except at
great expense.  12's are not built for sustained high discharge rates and
will soon fail internally, usually by shorting out a cell. This puts both
2 volts less and a relatively high series resistance into your pack,
robbing you of power (and often in the middle of a half mowed lawn).
With the 'series parallel 12' scheme, a shorted cell drags everything
down by 2 volts and the charger works overtime, never tapers down and
overcharges the heck out of the rest of them.
12's are also built 'cheaply' in many cases more for profit by the dealer
than for load carrying capacity.  It is well known that the average car
battery, even in the intermittent duty of starting and regardless of
slick advertising goes about 3 years.  12V Boat batteries seem to go
about 2,  as they are often left at a low charge level.   With the 6 volt
105 ones, 8 yrs in an ET is not unusual.   Check the recent thread about
using recycled 6V batteries.  Been there done that still doing it and as
we 'Swamp Yankees' say,  happy as a clam.
     Same number of total electrons?  MYGAWSH it must be a tough job to
count em.

Dave
Weymouth MA