Re: (ET) OT ET charger - is output inductive ? Out volts = 200+ ?

Comment on 'value' of an ET:  Several points

    One, they get us away from the noisy, more trouble prone, inefficent
therefore air polluting, expensive to run these days, hi maint cost and
seeming for the last few years of production, throwaway gasoline powered
lawn and garden tractors.
     Two,  once restored to health and often beauty (all of these are
'70's products and am sure with the Eaddy you have you are aquainted with
the rigors of '70's auto restoration)  these are a product so advanced,
so forward looking that their time hasn't even come yet for the public,
just for us Epeople who are forward looking.  Among other things they mow
our lawns and blow our snow without producing a single cubic foot of
global warming gas or acid rain, lung concern particulates or gases
      Three.  Restoring these in all phases is true recycling, which as
you know is much desired over the whole planet. Once restored, they will
prevent us from having to buy a 'throwaway' tractor with an average max
lifespan of 5-7 years.  Thus we will not create trash to recycle but are
on the positive side of global natural resources twice.  Once with the
restorations, the second time with what we  will not need to throw away.
Gas tractors.
      Four.  These are one of the few types of vehicles which are able to
run on a fully sustainable power source that can be manufactured, if we
desire, on our own property with no work or expense or feedstocks
connected with that, once the system is procured  and  installed.  Am
referring to solar electric power. Our power source is a fusion reactor
ninety three million miles away, the sun.  To put it short,  we are able
to easily run our tractors on 'pennies from Heaven' if we choose.  (Both
of this writers operable tractors are run thus).
     As to actual number of these pennies, the lawn here used to take 5
gallons of gas to mow it with a noisy and inefficient 10hp Sears tractor.
 At todays price that is fifteen hundred pennies each time the lawn is
mowed, about 3 times a month.  Same figure each time a snowstorm is
cleared from here.  This has been going on for approximately four years
and has paid back both the panels(obtained used) and the tractors.  As to
my own labor charge as an 'mechtech/electech' this is charged off both in
the categories of 'continuing education'  and 'entertainment'.   A hobby
category that pays rather than spends.
       Five.  As to the parts we need, todays parts are better designed
and built, promise to outlast the original parts which have in the most
part, lived about 35 years mainly in an adverse environment (outdoor
storage). The tractors themselves were built with strong heavy duty
frames and other parts in many cases overspec'ed.  The original tractor
was expensive, far beyond the means of the private owner, as the primary
design and primary  market was for use by golf courses and estates.  Both
of these, rigorous duty.
      Six.   Regardless of the hair tearing and sometimes sorry expenses
of climbing the learning curve of restoration and maint,  This is fun.
We are both using skills we have and acquiring new ones to do something
that is both good for us, and good for the planet's atmosphere and
declining non-renewable fossil fuels, notably petroleum.  We have met
and contine to meet new people who share this interest and pool our
information and mutual aid.
       Am sure others on the board can add to the list.  Especially those
who have put up with the slipping deck belts, mysterious flameouts, and
'new starting battery yearly'  of the average gas tractor.
      An onerous chore, IE mowing the law, is now fun to us too and will
continue to be as long as we continue to beat the systems of  gas tractor
maint and fuel procurement with these heroic machines of Wheelhorse, GE
and New Idea and a few other 'out of production brand names.

Yours for a cleaner greener world

Dave Robie, Secretary
New England  Chapter,  Electric Automobile Association. (NEEAA).
Weymouth MA