Re: (ET) OT ET charger - is output inductive ? Out volts = 200+ ?

I joined this list to find out more about an electric lawn tractor. I have not had any thing to comment on yet except this.

If it works it is not of a huge value maybe 50 to 100 dollars. If it does not work then it is worthless I would just give it to a S-10 driver.

The pack it charges is 312 volts lead acid or 360 volts NiMH the only vehicles that can use it is the 1997 and 1998 S-10 EV. The EV1 also used the same charger but they are about all crushed. A few Solectria and an early version of the GM S-10. There might be at the most 40 or 50 cars in the United States that still use this charger.

The floor model paddle charger is heavy and big it would be best if you could find the nearest S-10 driver to you. If shipping a long distance it is more than the value of the charger.

If you let me know where your at I can post it on the S-10 group. You could also put it on the parts section of http://www.austinev.org/evtradinpost/

There is one their now but it is not worth 650 dollars. I have four of these and I can assure you it is not going to ever sell for that. This was the first version and they had a high failure rate. The Gen 2 were smaller, lighter and very reliable and they sell for around 150 dollars.

Don
1998 S-10 EV