-----Original Message-----
From: elec-trak-bounces cosmos phy tufts edu
[mailto:elec-trak-bounces cosmos phy tufts edu]On Behalf Of Michael S
Briggs
Sent: Monday, August 14, 2006 10:38 AM
To: Raymon Ellis
Cc: elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu
Subject: Re: (ET) New Relay - Landis Controller

On Wed, 9 Aug 2006, Raymon  Ellis wrote:

> Mike, I have been reading about your efforts and pulling for your
> success in
> fixing your Elec-Trak. How did you finally connect the Landis Controller
> in
> your Elec-Trak? Replaced the timer? Did you put it in a box? Did you
> install
> a double pole double throw to bypass the Landis when you feel the need
> for
> more power? I would like to hear from you and anyone who successfully use
> the Landis in their E20 before I install mine. Thank you, Raymon

Raymon,
        I got the E15 working fine last week - didn't post about it
though, since I took a vacation from work, so I was otherwise occupied all
week. I initially put the timer in, putting quick disconnect connectors in
so I could remove the timer when I didn't want it, or put it back in
(cheaper than a high current switch). But, the timer seemed to have an
internal flaky connection - it would shut the charger off even though the
dial was nowhere near "off". Pushing down on the dial would get it to
restart, but then it would shut off again after a while. So, I just
removed it and wired it so that when I plug the charger in, it's
permanently on, until I unplug it.
        Since I likely fried the microprocessor on the Landis, I'm going
to get a new one from Harry so I can get it working again (or just send
him this one back for him to fix it). Until I fried it by being careless,
it was working perfectly fine.
        I'll probably come up with some way that I can bypass the Landis
to have the charger permanently on when desired, such as for a couple
hours right after mowing (then put the Landis in series, so it can
regulate the rest of the charging).

Mike