To: <elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu>
Sent: Tuesday, August 08, 2006 9:28 AM
Subject: (ET) card 1 a-ok

I pulled card 1 out last night to see what fried due to the shorted coil,
from me not realizing those surplus relays have a diode across the coil.
It turns out that the only thing that fried (it seems) was the trace
coming from pin 8. I fixed that, put the card back in, and it seems to
work fine now. Yeeha!
 I also put the original charger timer back in for now, to use
until I fix the Landis controller  I fried. Seems to work well. That left
me wondering how long the charger normally should run for a certain amount
of use time (i.e. if mowing for 45 minutes, what's a reasonable amount of
time for the charger to need to run to recharge the pack), and also how
long the charger runs for different set points on the dial.

Mike