Re: (ET) new relay in - now no reverse

Update again - I do now have voltage at slot 9 on card 1 when putting it in reverse (there was a loose connection), but there's still something amiss with card 1. With the reverse relay not connected to card 1 (slot 9, I think wire 38... not sure offhand), slot 9 goes right up to full battery voltage when I move the speed control to reverse. So, I connected in a new relay (one without a short across the coil), and now slot 9 (and hence the relay) only goes up to about 4V, not enough to trigger the relay. So, there seems to be something amiss with card 1, although I haven't found it yet. All of the components in the involved parts of card 1 *look* fine (yes, I know looks aren't everything, but usually you can spot a blown resistor or cap visually - I've blown up my fair share :) ). The problem with testing individual components is that they're soldered into card 1, so I can't just measure the resistance or capacitance of an individual piece (without unsoldering them and removing them from the card). I guess I'll just have to start tracking the voltage around the related circuit on card 1 (if I can tell from the schematic which pieces are involved :) ), to try to find why the full voltage isn't getting through.
        Could just be that these relays suck.

Mike

--

Michael S. Briggs