Re: (ET) inverter

Actually I have used the Trace Inverter DR3624 for use with my I-5 ET and
at
home during last summer's hurricane that almost hit Houston and hit
Louisianna instead.

Yes it is a 24V input.  I connected it to the four 6V batteries under the
rear seat and use it with two electric chainsaws: one an antique and the
other a Husquavarna.

Both the chainsaws worked fine with the inverter delivering full power to
cut some tree into pieces so I could haul it off.

During the hurricane, I took the four tractor batteries out and put them in
the house with the inverter.  We lost power for two days - I ran the
inverter continuously - running two refrigerators, a floor lamp and fans.
Actually the neighbor bought a gas generator - while he ran his for maybe
eight hours I put the inverter in charge mode on my batteries and then when
his generator ran out of gas in the middle of the night, my inverter kicked
in and kept the refrigerators running.

Yes the DR series is modified square wave, but my chainsaws, lamps and
refrigerator didn't complain.

Monty McGraw
Spring, TX

working I-5 and one spare I-5 and an E-20 being rebuilt
personal EV conversion of '88 Pontiac Fiero GT
Electric Postal Van
Ryobi Self Propelled electric mower
lots of Black and Decker rechargeable Versa-Pak gear