Re: (ET) inverter - Grid Interconnect - Running Powertools

My (solar) Inverter has an automatic disconnect, as soon as the grid looses
power the
inverter also disconnects itself and does not feed power back into it (for
the below mentioned safety reasons). If I want to power some devices while
the grid is offline I would need to run separate lines to them.

About power tools: my 36V redi line powers all my tools with universal
motors, it will
not produce enough power to get my table saw (small induction motor)
running, even
though it could probably keep it running. I even used it to power my 1500W
leaf
blower, in that case it will work even when overloaded (will lower the RPM
of both,
the genset and the leaf blower, prob. get hotter and the frequency will be
off but that
should but not hurt the genset when done with reason and the universal
motor
of the
leaf blower doesn't care about the frequency). I had a discussion with Lee
Hart (EV list)
who also ownes one of these and he thought the same.
I had great successes running my small (1kw) chain/pole saw off of the
elec-trak with
the redi line. I got my 36V redi line (new) about 2 years ago from pacific
industrial, maybe they still have some http://www.pacificindustrial.com/

BTW, I have a 5kw solar inverter which produces on a sunny day about 3x the
energy my house uses, in average about 2x. I feed all of my surplus into
the

grid and buy from the Grid when the sun don't shine. Last week, for the
first
time in history, solar energy was cheaper to buy on the power market than
atomic energy. (Our remaining atomic reactors had to reduce power output
due
to river water temperatures, so atomic power became scarce and expensive).