Re: (ET) inverter

I believe someone on this list is using an APS3636VR.
http://www.provantage.com/tripp-lite-aps3636vr~7TRPI01C.htm

I think it might be John Briese

I plan to invest in one as soon as the required amount of disposable income
becomes available.

As for now I have a couple of computer UPS's that I have added cords to so
that I can just clip them onto the ET pack when needed. They are a 750watt
12v model and a 1200 watt 24v model, so not the best solution. But it does
allow me to continue running some critical items during brief power
outages

--
Stay Charged!
Hump

GE I-5
Blossvale NY

DC
> motor to spin a generator to make AC power (that seems inefficient, an
extra
> step for some losses, plus noisy). I only looked a little bit, but didn't
> find many 36VDC to 120VAC inverters. I was hoping that some company would
> have made them for golf carts.
>
> Mike
>
> --

> Michael S. Briggs
> UNH Physics Department
> (603) 862-2828
>
> On Fri, 4 Aug 2006, steves wrote:
>
> > GE made a rotary inverter (motor-generator) for the ET - good for
> > about 1000W I think. It essentially (is?) the same as the one made
> by

> > Redi-Line. A bunch of Redi-Lines sold on ebay a couple years ago -
> > snagged one and have used it as emergency backup. Electronic
inverters
> > are also available and should work well, but I have no experience
there.
> > Maybe a bit hard to find a 36V one - I think they tend to be pricey.
> > Nice thing is they are quiet and you can drive the ET up close to
> the

> > house or wherever it's needed.
> >
> > - SteveS
> >
> > Michael S Briggs wrote:
> >> Has anyone installed an inverter on their Elec-Trak (or
> installed
one